Approvals for non-student teaching assistants (TAs)

[Advice to Divisional Chair Bruce Madewell  11/17/2003]

The proper body to address issues related to non-student teaching assistants (TAs) is the Committee on Courses.  Academic Senate Bylaw 750 (D) provides that only persons authorized by the appropriate administrative officer, with the concurrence of Committee on Courses, may assist in Academic Senate courses.  Thus, the proper reviewing agency is the Divisional Committee on Courses.