Executive Council Special Committee on the November 18 Incident
Approved by Executive Council on November 20, 2011
The Executive Council approved appointment of a Special Committee on the November 18th Incident in order to review the issues leading to the November 18th Incident in which student protesting were pepper sprayed on the quad.
The Special Committee is charged with investigating the events that led to the use of force against protesters on November 18 and subsequent events, review the policies that allowed this to happen, and make recommendations for changes. The committee will have about 30 instructional days to make their report to the Executive Council.
The Special Committee is asked to complete its work in 30 instructional days or by February 17, 2012. We appreciate your willingness to give of your time despite the expedited timeline associated with this task. Edwin M. Arevalo from the Academic Senate Office will provide analytical support to the Special Committee.
- Seven Members of the Academic Senate
- One Representative from Academic Federation
- One Representative from Associated Students of UC Davis
- One Representative from Graduate Student Association
- One Representative from the Law School Student Association
- One Representative from Staff Assembly